Online Learning: Military/Veterans
Apply to HACC at www.hacc.edu/applynow.
Upon completion of the application, an email with your HACC ID and HAWKmail information will be generated within about 2 business days. If you need this information sooner, contact the Welcome Center at 800-ABC-HACC.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
HACC’s code for the FAFSA application is 003273.
Apply for military education benefits at www.gibill.va.gov.
- Chapter 30, 33, 1606, & 1607- VA form 22-1990; Chapter 33 Dependent- VA form 22-1990E; Chapter 35 and Fry scholarship- VA Form 22-5490; Chapter 31 Vocation Rehabilitation and Employer (VR&E) should meet with a VR&E counselor.
- Electronically attach DD-214 or NOBE to your application when applying online; electronically attach any additional entitlement i.e. Kicker or College Fund
- HACC’s military and veterans affairs office will need to view your submitted application confirmation page or certificate of eligibility (COE) along with your DD-214 or NOBE.
Contact HACC’s Military and Veteran Affairs Office (MVAO) at 717-736-4149 or email@example.com.
Submit official transcripts to HACC’s records office if you would like previous college credits to be evaluated for transfer.
You will receive a summary of credits transferred through the mail or in your myHACC account. Please choose one of the following options to submit your transcripts: email (firstname.lastname@example.org); fax (717-901-4296); or mail (HACC, Attn: Central Records Office, One HACC Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17110).
HACC campuses have walk-in placement testing available or to complete testing online, submit the online remote proctoring request form.
- For additional information about placement testing, including exemptions, hours, and preparation material, visit www.hacc.edu/placement.
Attend New Student Orientation
If you will only be taking online courses, access the online new student orientation via myHACC under advising in the student tab. If you will be taking online AND campus courses, call 800-ABC-HACC to schedule the orientation on campus after the online orientation.
Develop YOUR Educational Plan
Work with an advisor/counselor to review placement test results and register for classes.
- Students pursuing a fully online degree, who live 50 miles or more from a HACC campus, should contact Deb Rebman at email@example.com.
- All other students should contact a HACC campus by calling 800-ABC-HACC.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Submit payment to the Welcome Center or online in myHACC. Tuition information is available at hacc.edu/tuition.
Attend a Jump Start YOUR Success Welcome Event
Learn tips to start off as a successful online student. Register for an event or view the recording at hacc.edu/jumpstart.
Purchase Books at a Campus Bookstore
For online purchases and to determine the required textbooks, visit http://bookstore.hacc.edu/harrisburg.
Log In to Brightspace by Desire2Learn from myHACC on the first day of class