Business Studies: Associate in Arts (AA) (1500)
ATTENTION: This program has been inactivated by the department for Fall 2018 and will no longer be available for new student enrollments. Interested new students should consider reviewing the Business AAS degree (major code #1516) - new Fall 2018 - which contains a general business concentration.
Do you want to play a key role in the success of an organization? Are you a natural leader who enjoys solving problems while keeping an eye on the future? If you’re interested in business, our Associate in Arts (AA) in business studies can put you on the right path to a rewarding career.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
Your associate degree will enable you to find an entry-level position in your specific area of study, including general business, entrepreneurship and agricultural production (agribusiness).
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
You will be able to choose a specialized area to study if enrolled in our Business Studies Program. These include: general business, entrepreneurship and the agribusiness.
No matter which direction you choose, you will:
- Apply business skills including accounting, marketing, management and business law
- Employ basic business theories and practices
- Apply a basic knowledge of computer applications in business
- Discuss fundamental concepts of business decision-making
- Deliver oral and written presentations on basic business concepts
- Find, evaluate and use information from online and print sources
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) accredits our AA in business management. Since 1992, ACBSP is the only nationally recognized organization that grants regional accreditation to two- and four-year schools.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Yes! Our program is designed so you may transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
|Albright College -Accelerated Degree Program:||General Program Course Equivalencies (pdf)
|Bloomsburg University of PA:||Bachelor of Applied Science Technical Leadership (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Central Penn College:||Business Studies into Business Administration (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Elizabethtown College -Accelerated Degree Program:||Business Studies into Business Administration (pdf)
|Indiana University of PA:||Business Studies into Fashion Merchandising (pdf)
|Siena Heights University Online:||Business Studies into Bachelor Degree Business Administration (ONLINE) (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
The complete program is available at our Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lebanon and York campuses and through Virtual Learning.
If you choose to focus on general business, you can complete the entire program at our Lancaster Campus.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Thanks to the HACC Foundation, there are approximately 200 scholarships available. Eligibility requirements vary for each, so please visit hacc.edu/Scholarships to learn more.
When can I apply?
Conveniently YOURS, you can apply anytime online. We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall terms.
When you submit your application, please include program code 1500 which is specific to this Business Studies Program. Using this code ensures you apply to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
We are here to answer your questions about the program, transferring or HACC in general. Please contact the interim department chair, Jason Neilsen, or an admissions counselor You may also request more information online.