Computer Information Systems - Software Specialist: Diploma (0220)
If you have a passion for computer software, a career as a software specialist may be the perfect fit. Our Computer Information Systems - Software Specialist Diploma Program will help you to become knowledgeable in word processing, spreadsheet creations and database applications. All of these skills will enable you to find an entry-level position and work effectively in a business environment.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
After you complete our program, you’ll have the tools and skills you to work in a business or organization as a computer information system software specialist.
You may be an ideal candidate for this program if you:
- Enjoy working with software
- Describe yourself as a team player with solid communication skills
- Have strong computer and logic skills
- Can creatively solve problems
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
What is HACC’s program like?
In two terms, you can complete our program and learn word processing, spreadsheet creation to solve problems, computerized presentations and database applications.
We also will prepare you to take the Microsoft Officer User Specialist (MOUS) exam. By passing this exam, Microsoft will certify you as an expert user of the software.
Additionally, you will:
- Demonstrate mastery of various software packages on computers
- Be able to decide which application tools are best suited to achieve the desired result
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate various applications and link them
- Understand the use of software as a communication tool in a business environment
Federal regulations require the College to disclose gainful employment information about this program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our certificate program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education, we encourage you to earn an associate degree at HACC!
When you complete your associate degree, you can continue and transfer credits to a four-year school.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! With approximately 200 scholarships available through the HACC Foundation, you have ample opportunities to offset the cost of your HACC education. Visit hacc.edu/scholarships to learn more about our scholarship opportunities.
When can I apply?
Conveniently YOURS, we offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply anytime online. When you apply, please include program code 0220 with your application. It confirms you’re applying to the correct program.
How can I learn more?
We offer convenient classes, tech-savvy instructors and the help you need to prepare for your job search. For more information about our diploma program, please contact an admissions counselor or department chair Kelley Engle.