Geospatial Technology: Certificate (4410)
Does the idea of being on the forefront of rapidly changing technology excite you? Are you currently employed in a career that is related to geospatial technology and want to receive training?
If you are an analytical thinker with solid geography and computer skills, a geospatial technology career could be perfect for you. Enroll in our Geospatial Technology Certificate Program!
What can I do with this in the workforce?
With a certificate, you can work as a:
- Cartographic technician
- Geographic information specialist
- Specialist in another position related to the acquisition, use and processing of geographic and time-based data
This program could be a great fit if you are:
- Organized and use time wisely
- Interested in computers and geography
- A team player who can communicate effectively
- An abstract thinker who uses deductive reasoning to solve problems
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
Geospatial technology is a rapidly evolving field. More and more industries are requiring that technicians be skilled in the acquisition, management, interpretation, analysis, representation and graphical display of data. Since advanced technology is key to this field, you also need to be a team player in cross-functional departments and be able to adapt to an ever-changing employment setting. Coursework in this program aligned with the Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM) developed by the United States Department of Labor and the GeoTech Center.
Our program gives you the skills you need to succeed in this exciting field. You will learn how to:
- Apply geographic information system (GIS) and remote sensing theory, data acquisition, data processing and applications
- Use geographic information system software packages and geospatial data processing tools
- Perform engineering, geological and environmental applications of geospatial technologies
- Develop analytical skills, including inductive and deductive reasoning
- Communicated effectively in a geospatial environment
- Apply fundamental concepts of business applications and decision-making related to geospatial technology
- Enter the geospatial technology field prepared to face the issues, challenges, and projects commonly encountered within the industry
Federal regulations require that the College disclose specific gainful employment information about our program. This link will provide you with information on completion rates and placement, program costs and median loan debt.
What classes will I take?
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Our certificate program is designed to lead directly to employment. If you wish to continue your studies, we encourage you to transfer your credits to earn your Associate in Science in geospatial technology.
Where can I complete this program?
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
When can I apply?
HACC offers courses in the spring, summer and fall. To apply anytime, please visit our website to submit your application. You must include program code 4410 with your application. By using this unique code, you can be sure you’re applying to your intended program.
How can I learn more?