Health Care Management: Associate in Arts (AA) (3600)
ATTENTION: This program has been inactivated by the department and will no longer be available for new student enrollments. Interested new students should consider reviewing the Healthcare Management AAS degree (major code #3606) - new Fall 2018.
Has the idea of a career in the healthcare industry always attracted you? If you naturally enjoy the business side of healthcare and have a passion for helping others, a career in medical practice management or medical office management may be the perfect fit for your interests and goals. HACC’s Health Care Management Program can be the way to get there.
After completing our two-year program and receiving your Associate in Arts degree, you’ll be prepared for entry-level management positions within the health care industry. If pursuing a bachelor’s degree is of interest, then we can help you transfer your credits to a four-year school.
What can I do with this in the workforce?
With our Health Care Management Program, you’ll embark on a career path that can lead to medical practice management or medical office management positions. If you’re already working as a healthcare clinician, this degree can also prepare you to advance to a management position in the healthcare industry.
This program may be a perfect fit for your career goals if you:
- Consider yourself detail-oriented and organized
- Can multitask in a high-pressure environment
- Describe yourself as a natural problem solver who can think creatively
- Work well with others and can offer compassionate support
What is the average salary?
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- What occupations are in demand within the region you select
- The number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- The anticipated number of job openings available — just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
What is HACC’s program like?
You’ll prepare for entry-level management positions within the healthcare industry. You’ll be taught management, marketing and accounting principles that apply to the healthcare environment.
By completing our program, you will learn how to:
- Communicate effectively and professionally in business management situations through physical or virtual presence, writing, speaking, listening and electronic media
- Use quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies to support business management and organizational decision making
- Describe economic, environmental, political, ethical, legal and regulatory contexts of global organizational management policies
- Evaluate potential for business success and consider implantation issues including financial, legal, operational and administrative procedures
- Identify business management problems and opportunities and formulate an action plan
- Manage using team building skills and facilitate collaborative behaviors in the accomplishment of group goals and objectives
- Work effectively, respectfully, ethically and professionally with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, gender and other backgrounds and with people who have different organizational roles, social affiliations and personalities
- Analyze the information content of organizational processes and use information technology
- Utilize research methods to collect and analyze information regarding management concepts
What classes will I take?
We encourage you to:
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Can I transfer my credits to a four-year college or university?
Affordably YOURS, our programs are designed to be flexible enough to transfer to a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities with no loss of credit. However, each individual college has its own unique program. We encourage you to select a four-year school as soon as possible. This will allow you to learn the transfer college’s program requirements so you can take the proper classes at HACC.
As a HACC Health Care Management student, your transfer options include:
|Bloomsburg University of PA:||Bachelor of Applied Science Technical Leadership (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Central Penn College:||Health Care Management into Health Care Administration (ONLINE & campus) (pdf)
|Elizabethtown College -Accelerated Degree Program:||Health Care Management (pdf)
|Franklin University Online:||Franklin University Bachelor Degrees (ONLINE) (pdf)
|Immaculata University Accelerated & Online:||Health Care Management (pdf)
|Penn State Harrisburg:||Heathcare Management (pdf)
|Penn State Mont Alto:||Program to Program Agreements (pdf)
|Penn State York:||Program to Program Agreements (pdf)
|Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences:||Healthcare Administration (pdf)
Where can I complete this program?
Conveniently YOURS, you can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg and Lancaster campuses, as well as through Virtual Learning. You may also complete the program at our Gettysburg, Lebanon and York campuses by taking some courses through Virtual Learning.
We also offer some of the required courses at the Lebanon and York campuses and through Virtual Learning.
Does HACC offer scholarships?
Yes! You can view approximately 200 scholarship opportunities offered through the HACC Foundation by visiting hacc.edu/scholarships. Please browse the eligibility requirements before applying.
When can I apply?
We offer classes in the spring, summer and fall. Visit our website to apply anytime. When you apply, make sure you include program code 3600 with your application. This code is unique to the Health Care Management Program and ensures you’re applying to the correct one.
How can I learn more?
If you’re passionate about helping others, we want to help YOU get there. Choose HACC for our innovative instructors, convenient class schedules and various transfer opportunities. To learn more about your career options in the health care management field, please contact an admissions counselor or the interim department chair, Jason Neilsen, to request more information.