Police Academy/Act 120
Learn about Police Academy/Act 120 training at HACC’s Senator Jeffrey E. Piccola Law Enforcement Complex (PLEC)
Municipal Police Academy/Act 120 Training
As the need for education and training of municipal police officers increases, the PLEC continues to meet this need as a certified law enforcement training center under the MPOETC Act 120.
How can I receive more information on Law Enforcement training programs at HACC?
- Call 800-222-4222, Ext. 2562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our Welcome Center at 717-780-2414
- View 2019 Law Enforcement Training Calendar (pdf)
Police Academy Outline:
- Intro to the Academy and Law Enforcement
- Intro to Law Enforcement in PA
- Law and Criminal Procedures
- Human Relations
- Vehicle Code Enforcement
- Patrol Procedures and Operations
- Crash Investigation
- Criminal Investigation
- Drug Law Enforcement
- Case Presentation
- Homeland Security
- Responding to Special Needs
- Operation of Patrol Vehicles
- Physical and Emotional Readiness
- Defensive Tactics
- Emergency Response Training
- Handling Arrested Persons
- Scenarios and Practice Exercises
Cadets who complete the Police Academy are eligible for 21 academic credit hours if they enroll in the Criminal Justice program at HACC.
We are now accepting applications for the 116th Full-Time academy until May 23, 2019.
Psychological Exam Form (pdf)
Physical Exam Form (pdf)