Learn about December Commencement.
Where and when is the Fall 2017 Commencement Ceremony?
HACC will hold the Fall 2017 Commencement Ceremony on Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Giant Center, Hershey, PA.
How can I say thank you at graduation?
Would you like to express your appreciation to family and friends who have supported you on the way to graduation? Whether it’s your mom, a professor, your child or a friend, we are giving you the opportunity to say thank you.
If you would like to say thank you or share one of your most memorable moments at HACC, please:
1. Complete the Permission for Photography, Quotes, Videography form (pdf)
2. Record your message
3. Keep the video to 20 seconds or less
4. Send an email using the subject line “Fall 2017 Commencement Video Submission” to email@example.com with the following:
- Your video
- Signed Permission for Photography, Quotes, Videography form (pdf)
- Spellings of all names mentioned in the video
- Translation of video if not recorded in English
5. Do so by Nov. 27, 2017
Note: If the directions above are not followed, the video will not be shared at Commencement.
Please feel free to watch videos from our spring 2017 Commencement ceremony and use these tips when recording your video.
- Do not whisper.
- Ask someone to hold the video camera for you.
- Find an area that is well-lit.
Can I participate in the Fall Commencement Ceremony?
HACC invites you to participate in the December Commencement Ceremony if you are eligible to graduate in the Fall term.
When will I get commencement information?
If you applied by October 1 to graduate, HACC will mail commencement information in October.
HACC will send a final confirmation letter during the last week of November.
Will HACC include my name in the commencement program?
HACC will include your name in the program if you:
- Submit your graduation application by October 1
- Potentially qualify for graduation.
When will I get my diploma?
HACC mails degrees, certificates and diplomas approximately four weeks after final certification.
Where can I get a cap and gown?
You can buy your cap and gown at each campus bookstore. Refer to your specific campus bookstore for hours of operation.
Are there graduation photos?
Professional photography services will be available before and during the ceremony. You can get your picture taken:
- In the concourse at the Giant Center
- As you receive your Diploma cover
You are under no obligation to purchase any photos. Please allow approximately one week for GradImages to finalize photos. Photos can be viewed on GradImages website after December 27, 2017.
Informal photos are available on HACC's Flickr page.
Can I invite guests?
You may invite as many guests as you wish to the ceremony. Guests should report directly to the Giant Center guest seating.
Where should we park?
You and guests must park in designated parking areas.
Handicapped parking is available in the front of the Giant Center for vehicles with handicap plates or placards. If you do not have a handicap plate or placard, you may drop off a person with limited mobility closer to the main entrance before parking in the general parking lot.
Where should I report for the ceremony?
- Students should enter the club entrance at the Giant Center. Follow posted signage.
- Put on your robe, complete a name card and report to your assigned seat.
- Do not bring purses, cameras or other valuables.
What if I need special accommodations?
If you are participating in the ceremony and have a disability, call the Office of Student Affairs at 717-736-4145 or 717-736-4141 by Dec.14.
Special accommodations for guests:
HACC uses closed captioning during the ceremony to assist people with hearing impairments. Specially designated wheelchair sections are shown on the Giant Center Seating Chart. One companion seat is allotted per guest in a wheelchair.
Where can I get a commencement program and other mementos?
A commencement program will be on your seat.
Flowers and commencement mementos will be for sale in the concourse area.
What is the ceremony order?
- The procession: Candidates will lead the graduation procession. Faculty, the trustees and platform guests follow them. Candidates will form a double line by campus for the procession and recession. Candidates will follow the Student Marshals during the ceremony.
- During the ceremony: Candidates should pay close attention to Dr. Ski, President of the College, for instructions during the entire ceremony. Candidates need to remain seated during the ceremony.
- The recessional: The students will lead the recessional. Faculty, Trustees and Platform guests will follow. The ceremony should last approximately two hours. HACC expects all candidates to remain and participate in the entire ceremony.
What happens after graduation?
- The Alumni Association welcomes you to join them. You can purchase an Alumni card for $25 annually. Alumni Association members are always welcome on campus. You can use designated facilities including tennis courts, pool and library. Visit the Alumni table outside of the Large Arena for more information.
- Visit Career Services for assistance with resumes, interview skills and your job search.
- Talk to a transfer counselor for questions or assistance with your next steps.