Learn about May Commencement.
Do you want to thank family and friends who have supported you along the way to graduation?
Whether it's your mom, a professor, your child or a friend, we are giving you the opportunity to say thank you. If you would like to say thank you or share one of your most memorable moments at HACC, please:
- Develop a 20-second video (or less) to share your message
- Note that the videos MUST be in .MOV or .mp4 format
- Email the following information to email@example.com by April 28, 2017
- Your full name
- Phone number to best reach you
- Video file
NOTE: By submitting a video, you are giving HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, permission to use the video for advertising purposes, including, but not limited to, website, email blasts, events and social media. Also, if the submission does not follow the guidelines noted, the video will not be used.
Where and when is the Spring 2017 Commencement Ceremony?
HACC will hold the Spring 2017 Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Giant Center, Hershey, PA.
Can I participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony?
HACC invites you to participate in the May Commencement Ceremony if you are eligible to graduate in the Spring or Summer terms.
Will HACC include my name in the commencement program?
HACC will include your name in the program if you:
- Submit your graduation application by March 1
- Potentially qualify for graduation
When will I get my diploma?
HACC mails degrees, certificates and diplomas approximately four weeks after final certification.
Where can I get a cap and gown?
You can buy your cap and gown at each campus bookstore. Refer to your specific campus bookstore for hours of operation.
Are there graduation photos?
Professional photography services will be available before and during the ceremony. You can get your picture taken:
- In the concourse at the Giant Center.
- As you receive your Diploma cover
You are under no obligation to purchase any photos. Please allow approximately one week for GradImages to finalize photos. Photos can be viewed on GradImages website after May 18, 2017.
Informal photos are available on HACC's Flickr page.
Can I invite guests?
You may invite as many guests as you wish to the ceremony. Guests should report directly to the Giant Center guest seating.
Where should I report for the ceremony?
- Enter the main entrance at the Giant Center. Follow posted signs.
- Report to your campus sign-in table.
- Put on your robe, complete a name card and report to your assigned seat.
- Do not bring purses, cameras or other valuables.
I or my guest has a disability. Where should we park?
Candidates and guests with disabilities may park in designated handicap areas.
If you are participating in the ceremony and have a disability, call Nancy Bobersky at 717-736-4145 by May 9 before 4 p.m. HACC uses closed captioning during the ceremony to assist people with hearing impairments.
Where can I get a commencement program and other mementos?
A commencement program will be on your seat.
Flowers and commencement mementos will be for sale in the concourse area.
What is the ceremony order?
- The procession: Candidates will lead the graduation procession. Faculty, the trustees and platform guests follow them. Candidates will form a double line by campus for the procession and recession. Candidates will follow the Student Marshals during the ceremony.
- During the ceremony: Candidates should pay close attention to Dr. Ski, President of the College, for instructions during the entire ceremony. Candidates need to remain seated during the ceremony.
- The recessional: The students will lead the recessional. Faculty, Trustees and Platform guests will follow. The ceremony should last approximately two hours. HACC expects all candidates to remain and participate in the entire ceremony.
What happens after graduation?
- The Alumni Association welcomes you to join them. You can purchase an Alumni card for $25 annually. Alumni Association members are always welcome on campus. You can use designated facilities including tennis courts, pool and library. Visit the Alumni table in the concourse area for more information.
- Visit Career Services for assistance with resumes, interview skills and your job search.
- Talk to a transfer counselor for questions or assistance with your next steps.