The Office for Disability Services coordinates accommodations for students with disabilities. Learn about Disability Services.
What is the purpose of Disability Services?
Disability Services has multiple purposes. The office:
- Provides academic accommodations
- Offers support services
- Promotes a supportive learning environment
- Promotes student independence, program accessibility and a psychologically-supportive environment
- Helps students achieve educational objectives
How can I receive Disability Services?
You must submit documentation of your disability to Disability Services. Once Disability Services receives the documentation, we will schedule an intake meeting with you. During this meeting, we will determine the appropriate accommodations for you.
Your assessment report must:
- Be completed by a qualified professional. These include medical doctors or licensed psychologists.
- Contain the evaluator's name, title and assessment date.
- Be completed within the last three years.
- Identify the disability and describe the limits it imposes. It must also include recommended accommodations.