Computer Testing for Online Students
Learn about computer testing for online courses.
Where can I take a proctored computer exam for my online course?
Each campus provides services for students who need to take a proctored computer exam for an online course.
You must show a valid photo ID to take any test.
How do I schedule a testing appointment?
You can set up a proctored computer exam appointment. You must:
- Schedule a testing appointment at the campus of your choosing. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the system, please contact the Test Center at the campus where you requested the appointment: http://www.hacc.edu/NewStudents/PlacementTesting/Contact-Test-Center.cfm
- Schedule your exam at least 10 to 14 days before your desired exam date.
- You will receive an email confirming your appointment.
If you send a late request, you may:
- Not get the day and time you want
- Have to take your exam at another campus
When you go to your testing appointment, you must bring:
- The confirmation email
- Your login information. Your instructor will provide this testing information in your course syllabus.
Can I take off-campus testing?
You may be eligible for off-campus testing. You may be eligible if you are physically unable to visit a HACC campus for your exam. Contact your instructor to get permission to take an exam with a proctor.
If you receive permission, you will need to:
- Secure a qualified proctor
- Complete an Off-Site Proctor Form for Students (pdf)
- Email the completed Off-Site Proctor Form to your instructor for approval
How can I schedule special-needs testing?
Contact the Disability Services Office at your campus for special-needs testing information.