Geospatial Technology - Diploma (0580)
Are you passionate about maps and geography? Does the idea of being on the forefront of a rapidly changing technology excite you? Do you have solid computer and communication skills?
Whether you are looking to further your training in geospatial technology, or start fresh in a new career, our diploma can place you on the right path to a career in this high-demand field.
After completing our diploma you may find employment as Geographic Information Specialists or other areas related to the acquisition, use and processing of geographic and time-based data.
Individuals interested in the area of geospatial technology generally are:
- Analytical thinkers
- Problem solvers
- Geographically and mathematically inclined
- Effective communicators and excels in team settings
- Able to work well with cross-functional teams
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Innovatively yours, our program prepares you for this rapidly evolving field. Our experienced professors teach the foundations for using geographical information systems (GIS) and remote sensing software and help you develop your analytical skills. Coursework in this diploma is aligned with the Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM) developed by the United States Department of Labor and the GeoTech Center.
This industry requires that technicians hold skills in:
- Application Programming and Development
- Data Acquisition
- Data Management
- Spatial Analysis
After completing this diploma, you will be able to:
- Apply geospatial technology theory to data acquisition, data processing and spatial analysis workflows
- Use GIS software packages and geospatial data processing tools
- Apply geospatial technology theory, data methods and analysis to applications in engineering, geology and environmental science
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Although this program is designed to prepare you for direct entry into the workforce, you can continue your education by having your credits awarded towards the completion of HACC's associate degree in Geospatial Technology.
You may complete our diploma program through Virtual Learning.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are approximately 200 scholarships are available. Please access hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can complete summer, spring and fall classes at HACC. You may submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure you include the specific program code 0580. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.
Turn your passion for computers, geography, maps and the application of GIS and remote sensing software into a rewarding career. Let HACC's Geospatial Diploma program be your fist steps towards reaching your goals! Please don't hesitate to contact and admissions counselor our Dr. Kelley Engle, chair of the Engineering and Technology department to request more information.