If you are looking for high-impact training for your own development, or for your organization, HACC has the solution for you. We offer a large variety of in-demand topics, interactive materials and resources that are modified to suit your training expectations and deliverables.
What are HACC’s classes like?
HACC’s training offerings stand apart for the following reasons:
- HACC delivers high-quality, unique training that is a combination of fundamentals and cutting edge topics, theory and real-world tools! Our goal is to explore options with you that result in affordable and valuable training sessions to help boost your confidence in your abilities and to help you remain knowledgeable in your field of expertise or interest.
- Courses are taught by HACC instructors with years of industry experience, related education and certifications.
- We strive to meet the needs of adult learners through creative presentation and interactive opportunities to connect with other professionals. We also know that your time is a valuable resource! Training options include various class times and days with virtual elements, blended coursework (online and in class) and the potential for in-person classes at a HACC campus.
If you are planning for your organization, HACC’s Training Needs Survey is often the first step in helping our team understand your interests and focus on identifying the topics available to meet your training objectives. Please review the survey with your stakeholders and complete it online.
What classes are offered?
Common professional development topics vary and can be customized to meet your organizations needs. Our public and corporate classes include, but are not limited to:
- Effective Communication
Conflict Resolution Suite
- Difficult Conversations
- Managing Negativity
- Verbal De-Escalation Skills
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Delegating for Results
- Supervision vs. Management
- Change Management
- Effective Meetings
- Emotional Intelligence
- Maximizing Working Relationship
- Motivating Exceptional Performance
- Proactive Onboarding
- Project Management
- Strategic Decision-Making
- Working in a Diverse World
- Workplace Organizational Skills
Where are classes held?
For more information:
WEDnetPA is an alliance of educational providers across Pennsylvania – including HACC – that acts as a delivery mechanism for workforce training grants. As a WEDnetPA provider, HACC serves as the point of contact for businesses accessing these training funds.
Qualified in-state businesses and out-of-state companies relocating to the economic-friendly business climate of Pennsylvania can access funding for a wide range of training that is described further on the WEDnetPA website.
What are WEDnetPA grant funds used to?
WEDnetPA grant funds are used to cover direct expenses for eligible training. You have several options for how training is delivered to eligible employees, including instructor-led training, in-house or online.
Companies select their source of training, which can include WEDnetPA classes, and identify employees and topics when funds are requested each fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
Grant funds are issued in one training category starting fiscal year 2020-2021:
Job Skills Training
Job Skills Training provides instruction in a variety of basic, entry-level, AND advanced technology training topics. Qualified companies receive up to $2000 per eligible employee for job training. Some of the training topics that may qualify for funding include, but are not limited to:
- Business Operations
- Computer Operations
- Manufacturing Fundamentals
- Product and Process Control
- Workplace Behavior Skills
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Advanced Math
- Machine Operations and Maintenance
- Manufacturing Technology
- Software Implementation
- Technical Applications (including Scientific and Medical)
For more information:
“Every employee of (my company) needs to be required to attend this class.”
– participants from Emotional Intelligence Training
“This was very useful and helpful for today’s work environment. This should be viewed as time well spent for the company.”
– participant from Understanding and Eliminating Harassing Behavior Training