You can earn one to four HACC credits in as little as one to three weeks of travel time while participating in a short-term, faculty-led travel course. Click here to view the 2020 study abroad programs approved to offer in spring/summer 2020. Students can apply for participation in these courses immediately. Travel courses will close without notice once capacity is reached.
Where can you go?
Asia, Europe, North America or South America!
Who teaches HACC's travel courses?
Experienced HACC faculty lead and teach the travel courses.
When do the travel courses actually travel?
The Center for Global Education schedules travel to take place over mid-term break in March but with the majority of the courses traveling after finals in May and are, for the most part, late-start SPRING or SUMMER term classes. Keep in mind there will be pre- and post-travel classes to attend in addition to the travel portion of the programs.
How can I apply?
If you are interested in applying for a 2020 travel course complete the Study Abroad application online. Follow instructions to create an account, select the course you are interested in and then complete the online application. HACC's 2020 travel courses are open and accepting applications now. Seats are limited. Courses will close without notice once capacity is reached.
Where is HACC going?
A link to the Study Abroad General Information flyer is here.
- Although HACC short-term, faculty-led travel courses are designated as spring or summer term, students must have applied for participation, been accepted by the program's faculty leader and are enrolled in the course as early as Oct. 25, 2019 (for travel over mid-term break in March, 2020) and Dec. 20, 2019 (for the courses traveling in May/June/July 2020) to meet our providers' deadlines.
- HACC travel courses are subject to close without notice once capacity is reached.
- Enrollment into any of the HACC travel courses is controlled by the Center for Global Education. Only upon acceptance into the course AND completion of all enrollment documents, including payment of a $300 non-refundable deposit, will enrollment in the course take place. Students will be notified via email when the enrollment process is complete.
- Payment in full of the program fee (less the $300 deposit) is due 45 days prior to the program's departure date. View the balance due date for each of the HACC travel courses.
- Refund Policy: Upon receipt of written notification of withdraw and including a completed and signed Drop/Add/Withdraw (DAW) form submitted to the Center for Global Education, cancellations and refunds will be processed according to the following policy.
Program Withdraw Date
Up to 30 days prior to departure
Paid program fees minus enrollment deposit and other program specific non-refundable costs
Between 29 days and day of departure
FAQs and 6 Easy Steps to Study Abroad (pdf) available in C217 (Harrisburg campus) or upon request via email to email@example.com.
Don't have a US passport yet?
Click here for information on how and where to apply for a US passport
Funding your program fee:
If you qualify and funds are available, Financial aid and scholarships offered through HACC Foundation can be applied to your program fee. Applying for scholarships does not guarantee receipt of funds.
Contact the financial aid office on the campus nearest you.
Apply for scholarships offered through the HACC Foundation. THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT applications for scholarships offered through HACC Foundation IS SEPT. 20, 2019. http://www.hacc.edu/HACCFoundation/OpportunitiestoInvest/Scholarship-Timeline.cfm
Once again The Foundation for Enhancing Communities is offering a third-party scholarship with a value up to $1,000. Applications for the Janet Brownold and Simon & Eva Brenner Scholarship are due no later than 2:00 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 20, 2019. Application packets can be hand-delivered to the Center for Global Education located in C217 on HACC's Harrisburg campus. Application packets can also be sent via U.S. mail; however, be sure to allow sufficient time for the packet to arrive in C217 by 2 p.m. on Dec. 20, 2019. Application packets arriving after 2 p.m. on Dec. 20, 2019 will not be accepted.