Harrisburg Campus Test Center Hours:
|Spring and Fall
Monday--Thursday: 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Monday—Thursday: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
All testing candidates must show photo identification before testing.
- No cell phones are permitted to be turned on while in the Test Center.
- To make the testing environment appropriate for test-taking, the college's student disciplinary policy will be applied to any disruptive students. Therefore, disruptive students will be asked to leave, and their testing privileges in the Test Center may be revoked.
- No children are permitted in the Test Center.
Academic Make-Up (Whitaker Hall, room 118)
The Test Center provides academic make-up testing for students who miss an exam during class. Students make arrangements with their instructors in order to use the Test Center facility.
If your academic make-up exam requires the use of a computer, please click here to schedule a testing appointment. *Due to limited computers, an appointment is required for a computerized make-up exam.
Placement Testing (Whitaker Hall, room 123): Placement testing is on a walk-in basis Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Students must present photo ID and have a HACC ID number. For more information, call 717-780-1105.
The Test Center is also available for proctoring exams for other colleges, institutions, and organizations.
CLEP Exams (located in Whitaker Hall, room 118)
The Harrisburg Test Center offers all of the CLEP exams throughout the year.
- How do I register for a CLEP exam? To register to take a CLEP exam, you must first create an account through www.collegeboard.org/clep. On this site you will both register for your CLEP exam and submit the testing fee payment.
- How much is the CLEP exam testing fee? CLEP exams are $87.00. This fee will be paid at the time of registration.
- Is there a proctoring fee? Yes. HACC will charge a $20.00 proctoring fee upon your arrival.
- For military personnel - HACC is a fully funded CLEP test center for eligible DANTES-funded military service members. An active duty military ID must be presented upon arrival.
- Do I need to bring anything with me to my CLEP exam? Yes. You will need to present a state-issued ID card and your CLEP voucher/ticket.
- How do I schedule my CLEP exam appointment? Scheduling for a CLEP exam is completed online. Schedule a time to take your CLEP exam here.
- What if I have additional questions about taking a CLEP exam? If you have additional questions, please call 717-780-3203 or 717-780-2480.
DSST or Dantes (Whitaker Hall, room 118)
The Harrisburg Test Center offers computer-based DSST/Dantes exams. An appointment is made by calling 717-780-3203 or 717-780-2480. DSST charges $80 for the exam and HACC charges a $20 administrative fee.
MOS (Whitaker Hall, room 116)
The Test Center is an authorized Microsoft Office Certified Testing Site. The cost for each section of the exam is $85.00. Please call 717-780-3203 or 717-780-2480 to make an appointment.
Proctoring Services: Students who are taking Independent Study or Distance Learning courses at other institutions may have their exams administered at the HACC, Harrisburg Test Center. Students may have their exams proctored during regular test center hours. The fee is $25.00 per hour and students must present a photo ID prior to testing. For more information and to schedule an appointment, call 717-780-3203.
The Test Center can also proctor certification exams for organizations and companies requiring a secure monitored environment.
Please call 717-780-3203 for more information.
For more information, email, HACC Harrisburg Campus, firstname.lastname@example.org.