View video transcript (pdf)
The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging, and Title IX works to be inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students. As such, Student Access Services are available Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. We are pleased to offer on campus appointments, but strongly recommend you schedule as we do work by appointment and want to be able to greet and meet with you. On Fridays we are available remotely, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. We continue to offer Zoom, email and phone interactions.
Reporting to the Title IX office can be done through BIT reports or Campus Security 24/7.
If you do not yet have a coordinator, we invite you to complete this form.
What is Student Access (formerly Disability) Services?
- Student Access Services (SAS) is a department in the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College.
- SAS provides reasonable services and supports to students with disabilities. We call these services and supports that we provide “accommodations.”
- Students may be eligible for accommodations at HACC, even if they did not have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 plan in high school.
Why do we provide accomodations to students?
- We provide accommodations to students with disabilities so that:
- They have equal opportunity to succeed in college.
- They can best demonstrate their knowledge.
- We also provide accommodations to comply with several federal laws:
- Americans with Disabilities Act as Amended (ADAAA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Title IX
What is Title IX and why is it important?
- Title IX is a federal law that protects students from sexual based discrimination.
- This includes protections for students who may be:
- Experience pregnancy loss
- Conditions related to pregnancy
- We assist students who may need to take medically necessary leave. Please contact us for more information about how we can help you.
- Collegewide Lactation Space Directory
- More information about Title IX can be found here.
How can I receive Student Access Services?
- Please contact us to learn if you are eligible for services. Accommodations cannot go back in time, so why wait to get the supports you need and deserve?
- Please contact Student Access Services for assistance by completing this form
- Please learn how to get accomodations in place.