We are excited to add in-person orientations to our schedule! Dates, times, and campuses vary. Please check your HAWKMail for more information and to schedule.
Beginning in June and July, our office will be working Monday – Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you need assistance with orientation or any part of your enrollment process, please contact us through the following channels:
Welcome to HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College! YOUR New Student Orientation Unit is here to help you start or continue your educational journey.
New Student Orientation programs are specifically designed and implemented in order to prepare students to transition into and through college, acquiring skills and knowledge requisite for success and completion.
New Student Orientation is a mandatory part of your enrollment process. Not attending an orientation could impact or delay your enrollment process. Soon after completing your admissions process, you will be sent an email with instructions on how to register for YOUR New Student Orientation which will be held remotely via Zoom.
What is New Student Orientation?
Your New Student Orientation (NSO) is a 1.5 – 2 hour session designed to help you make a successful transition to college. This session will include:
- Important resources and tips to navigate HACC technologies (pdf)
- Information on HACC Policies and YOUR Student Rights
- HACC Student Resources and Services
- Directions to help you select and register for your first-semester classes
You will receive an email invitation to schedule your New Student Orientation in your HAWKMail inbox. If you have questions or need assistance scheduling your orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need disability-related accommodations for your orientation, please contact email@example.com five days before your scheduled orientation date.
Finally, as a HACC student, you have access to the Orientation Homebase, which is a one-stop location to access need-to-know information about being a student at HACC, links to essential services and resources, and contact information for HACC offices.
In-Person Orientation Dates:
Dates are subject to change and require pre-registration. Check your HAWKMail for more information and to register.
- Gettysburg - Room 130
- 6/7 5 p.m.
- 7/7 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- 8/2 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Harrisburg - Whitaker 214
- 6/14 5 p.m. (Whitaker 214)
- 7/12 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. (Cooper 209 A&B)
- 8/9 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Cooper 209 A&B)
- Lancaster – Main 227
- 6/21 5 p.m. - Main 227
- 7/19 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- 8/16 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Lebanon – Room 310
- 6/28 5 p.m.
- 7/26 5 p.m.
- 8/23 5 p.m.
- York - CYTEC 101
- 6/28 5 p.m.
- 7/26 10 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- 8/30 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Remote via Zoom Dates:
New Student Orientation (NSO): For students who need to complete placement testing:
- Mondays: 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 a.m.
- Thursdays: 1 p.m. (The 1 p.m. session is for Pre-Health Professions Pathways students only)
- Fridays: 10 a.m. May and August only
Our offices are closed on Fridays May 20-Aug. 12.
- Saturday, Aug. 6, Aug. 13 and Aug. 20 only: 10 a.m.
Orientation, Advising and Registration Session (OARS): For students who do not need to complete placement testing
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m., 1 p.m., 5 p.m. (session are two hours)
In order to gain the most out of your New Student Orientation, it is important that you complete these important steps first:
- Check your HAWKMail account daily for important updates from HACC
- Complete your FAFSA to learn about help to pay for school
- Complete your Placement Testing Requirements
- Log into Navigate to review your new student checklist
- Get familiar with Zoom features using our Tips and Tricks, or watch Zoom video tutorials
After attending or completing your online New Student Orientation, you will be ready to:
- What if I cannot attend a live-Zoom orientation?
- We understand you have a busy life. All HACC students have access to the One-College New Student Orientation Course through Brightspace/D2L. You can complete this course at your own pace, and 100% online, to meet your mandatory orientation requirements. To access your myHACC portal, please first accept your offer of admission from HACC. You can then navigate to the online course by going to your myHACC portal → Brightspace/D2L (highlighted in orange on the homepage). Click "View All Courses", then select "One College New Student Orientation Course."
- I am a high school Dual Enrollment student. Do I need to attend New Student Orientation?
- YES! All HACC students should attend an NSO. Dual Enrollment students will receive an email invite to attend a unique orientation that covers helpful information on balancing high school and college life.
- My child is attending HACC. Can I attend New Student Orientation with them?
- Yes! All of HACC’s New Student Orientations are open to friends and family of our HACC students. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to register for your session.
Meet YOUR New Student Orientation Team