New Student Orientation
Welcome to HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College! We’re thrilled that you chose HACC to start or continue your educational journey. After you meet with an advisor to schedule classes, the next step in your HACC journey is to register for our New Student Orientation (NSO). This program will assist you with:
- Making a smooth transition to college
- Engaging with available HACC resources
- Finding your why, or the reason you chose to attend college
- Discover similarities and differences among your fellow HACC students
If you have already scheduled classes, please register for YOUR orientation here. This link will take you to a Google Drive folder where you will see a variety of Google Form sign-up sheets. Please choose the date and time that works best for your schedule. If you need to schedule an alternate date, please email email@example.com.
Due to the global pandemic, fall 2020 orientations will be held remotely via Zoom. After you register, you will receive a Zoom link via email closer to your orientation date.
If you need disability-related accommodations for this session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org five days before your scheduled orientation date.
As a HACC student, you have access to Orientation Homebase, a comprehensive document that will help you confidently access key HACC services and personnel. You can access this document at any time by logging in to your myhacc account and selecting “New Student Orientation Homebase” under the Student Success > New Student Orientation tabs.
Part of your NSO experience is learning about HACC Technology. Please view the Technology Guide for Students (pdf) for more information.
HACC has multiple portals and online resources:
- www.hacc.edu –HACC's official website
- MyHACC —the portal to HACCWeb, D2L, HAWKMail, etc.
- HACCWeb —Use HACCWeb to register and pay for classes. You can check grades and financial aid. You can also order transcripts.
- Desire2Learn (D2L) —Reference our online course system for virtual and blended courses. Many face-to-face courses use D2L.
- HAWKMail —Students can access HACC's official email. Share registration information, academic status and more. Please reference Tutorial: Accessing HAWKmail (pdf) and Tutorial: Forwarding HAWKmail (pdf) for instructions.
- e2Campus —The way that HACC contacts you in the event of an emergency
- Hawk Response – The way you can contact HACC if you are on-campus and experiencing an emergency
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects student educational records. HACC cannot share student information without written consent. Information includes financial aid, advising and grade details. Find more information about FERPA.
Please complete a Student Information Release Form (FERPA) (pdf) if you would like any of this information released.
We are #HACCproud that you chose HACC to advance your education!