Health Careers Information Sessions
We invite you to attend a health careers information session to learn more about our programs, the admission process, clinicals, and selective admission process.
What do information sessions cover?
An information session typically covers the following things. RSVP is required. Sessions are open to current and potential students.
- Hear from the program faculty and current students
- Get career information
- Learn about the essential qualifications (physical and behavioral)
- Learn about curriculum and expenses
- Find out what to expect in clinicals, including time commitments
- Learn about selective admission criteria, process, point system and class selection
- Get information on background checks, health forms, drug and alcohol screening, and other requirements
When are information sessions? Email RSVP IS REQUIRED as space is limited. Be sure to include your name, HACCid, phone and email address, along with date and time of session you wish to attend.
- Attend a Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) information session during your first semester at HACC - Preregistration required - email email@example.com - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address and indicate DMS information session. Space is limited! CHECK BACK FOR DATES.
- Attend a Surgical Technology information session - HARRISBURG CAMPUS. Open to everyone. Required for students within one year of applying for clinicals. Preregistration required - email firstname.lastname@example.org - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address and indicate Surg Tech information session. Space is limited!
- Monday, September 21, 10 am - Blocker Hall Room 110
- Wednesday, October 14, 3 pm - Blocker Hall Room 110
- Attend a Nursing information session. Preregistration required. Sessions tend to last about 2 hours - one hour presentation followed by a question/answer period. Get answers to all your nursing questions and learn about the following:
- Nursing careers
- HACC's programs
- Time commitment
- Essential Qualifications/Background Checks/Health Forms
- Application process
|June 3||4-6 pm||Zoom||
RSVP to Patsy Lavinia - email@example.com - be sure to include your name, HACCID and the date and time you wish to attend.
PLEASE join Zoom before the start time!
THIS WILL BE VIA ZOOM. After RSVP'ing, students will receive details on how to connect.
|July 22||1-3 pm||Zoom|