Thank you for considering HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, to complete your educational goals! You are considered an international student if you currently have the F-1 student visa or if you will apply for the F-1 student visa in order to attend HACC.
Students from around the world attend HACC. Across our five campuses, we have over 200 students who represent more than 50 countries. Some of these students are featured in this video!
We are excited to help you through the enrollment process and make it as simple as possible for you. Please feel free to contact the international admissions coordinator with any questions.
To get started with your enrollment to the College, please follow the steps below.
Submit your application materials by the deadline listed below to ensure there is enough time for you to complete the enrollment and visa processes and to register for classes.
(August Start Date)
Apply by July 1
(January Start Date)
Apply by Nov. 1
(May Start Date)
Apply by April 1
Apply to HACC online. After creating your HACC profile you will complete the international student application.
Submit the following documents as attachments with your online application:
- Copy of high school transcript showing proof of your high school graduation
- Copy of the information page of your passport
- Financial support documents showing $24,000 in financial support. Please make sure your financial documents are current and dated within six months of your anticipated start date.
- Download the Financial Document Tuition 2019-2020 (PDF) for an overview of cost.
- If applicable, submit the Affidavit of Support Form (PDF) for each sponsor and Affidavit of Support for Providing Free Room and Board (PDF). Please see the Affidavit of Support for further instructions. You do not need to complete this form if you are supporting yourself.
- If applicable, submit a bank statement from the bank for each sponsor confirming the balance of the account.
- International Student Transfer Form (PDF) only required for students who are transferring to HACC from another college or university within the United States.
You will receive an email from HACC once we are ready to mail your acceptance packet. Please follow the instructions to complete your I-20 and receive your acceptance packet.
Please review the information in your acceptance packet once you receive it. There is important information about your next steps. Once you receive the packet, please:
- Log in to myHACC, our online student portal, using the user ID and password provided in the letter.
- Activate your HACC email address (HAWKMail account) using the temporary password. We use this email address to communicate with you when you arrive at the College.
- Reset your password for myHACC.
- Make sure the information listed on your I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status) is correct. Please contact the international admissions coordinator if corrections are needed.
- Review your program of study and the term in which you are starting.
- Mail YOUR official college transcript if you are transferring from a college in the United States
Please mail the information to:
HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College
One HACC Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999
To view other colleges’ courses that may be accepted at HACC, please visit our transfer credit search tool.
New international students who are transferring to HACC from another college or university can skip to step 10.
The Department of Homeland Security requires all international students and exchange visitors to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee, which funds the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) and SEVIS. This fee is separate from the visa fees. Please:
- Note that HACC recommends paying the fee online
- Show your payment receipt during your visa appointment (step 8)
You are eligible to apply for your student visa once you have been accepted to HACC, received your I-20 and paid your SEVIS fee. Please visit the U.S. Department of State for more information about the student visa process and the documents required for a visa appointment. U.S. embassies can only issue student visas 120 days prior to the start date listed on an I-20.
Notify HACC’s international admissions coordinator of visa approval or denial
Please contact the international admissions coordinator when your visa application is approved or denied.
It’s time to start planning your arrival in the United States! Please attend a pre-departure orientation at an EducationUSA Center if it is available in your area. If a pre-departure orientation is not available, please contact the international admissions coordinator with any arrival questions.
HACC does not provide on-campus housing, so you will need to confirm housing before arriving in the United States. Please contact the international admissions coordinator with any questions regarding housing.
Placement testing is an assessment to determine course eligibility and ensure that you enroll in the best-fit classes. We offer helpful tips to help you prepare for the placement test.
Exemptions may be applicable through SAT testing, ACT testing or prior college coursework. To determine if you are exempt from placement testing, please submit your SAT, ACT or prior college coursework to the international admissions coordinator.
Fall 2019 testing and registration sessions are scheduled at our Harrisburg Campus on the following dates:
- July 24, 2019
- July 31, 2019
- Aug. 5, 2019
- Aug. 7, 2019
- Aug. 14, 2019
- Aug. 19, 2019
New students attending campuses other than the Harrisburg Campus will need to contact the international student coordinator to schedule placement testing at the campus they will be attending.
New international student orientation is mandatory for all new students. At new international student orientation, you will receive information critical to your success at HACC and information on how to maintain your immigration status. Information on new international student orientation will be provided in your acceptance packet.
Orientation for all new international fall 2019 students will be held Aug. 21, 2019 at HACC’s Harrisburg Campus.