Music Audio and Recording Technology - Diploma (0161)
Are you interested in making and distributing music using the latest in music technology? If you enjoy learning new music and recording technologies, our Music Audio and Recording Technology Diploma Program can provide you with the practical skills to succeed in this creative industry. Make HACC YOUR first choice and apply today.
Our Music Audio and Recording Technology professors will teach you audio and recording technical skills that will prepare you for a career in studio production and performance management. After completing our program, you may also work in digital media production, distribution and marketing.
After graduating from HACC, you can apply for various positions within sound production companies or recording studios as technicians.
If you’re interested in cultivating your music knowledge or operating and maintaining technology equipment, you will enjoy our program. When you combine these interests with superior organization and communication skills, this career field may be a great fit for you.
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
- Average hourly wages
- Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
- Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
- Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
- Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
You will take courses in production operations and computer applications, as well as in music business to become more familiar with the industry as a whole.
Our creative professors will prepare you to:
- Cite examples of the expanding role the Internet and World Wide Web has in all aspects of the music business
- Explain how the Internet and World Wide Web is a dynamic source of information in all areas of the music industry
- Demonstrate the basics of MIDI hardware and software and their respective applications to recording, editing, arranging, mixing and printing of music
- Create new music in a digital audio format using audio loop technology and/or rendering MIDI files
- Create audio recordings in compliance with current industry standards
- Configure equipment for portable and installed sound systems, recording devices and audio editing computers
- Differentiate various output standards including streaming, static Web, digital media formats, audio for video, audio aspects of film and many non-music media
- Interpret metering signals, digital over indications and loudness perception to identify possible flaws in processed audio and attempt to avoid these flaws
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
Our diploma program is designed to lead you directly into the workforce. However, if you wish to continue your education with us and pursue an associate degree, all of your credits count towards the completion of our associate degree.
The complete program is only available at HACC’s Harrisburg Campus.
HACC offers classes in the spring, summer and fall. You can apply for our Music Audio and Recording Technology program anytime on our website. Be sure to include the unique program code 0161 with your application. This code ensures we match your application to your desired program.