Receiving aid funds
Learn more about receiving financial aid funds.
When does financial aid pay my bill?
HACC applies financial aid to your bill approximately 30 days after the semester starts. HACC must verify your enrollment before we apply your financial award to your bill.
There are certain processes for different course times. If your course starts later in the term:
- Any grants designated for the late-starting course will pay after you have started the course.
- Your Federal Direct Stafford Loan will pay after you have started your sixth credit.
When will I receive my refund?
HACC will issue you a refund for the remainder of the funds. This applies to students who have financial aid in excess of tuition, fees, and bookstore charges. You will receive your financial aid refund approximately:
- One week after HACC applies your financial aid
- After your course begins — if you are taking a late-starting course
View a schedule of refunds.
How do I get my refund?
Does HACC adjust my financial aid?
HACC will adjust your financial aid at any time during the academic year if:
- You add or withdraw from a course.
- You never attended a class.
- Your FAFSA or other financial aid documents are inaccurate, incomplete or have conflicting information.
- You change your program of study.
- You receive funds from other sources not listed on the award letter.
- You do not maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- You change you enrollment status. Loans require 6 or more credits.
- Your eligibility criteria changes.
The Government may cancel your loan. You may also lose some grant and scholarship eligibility.
How will I know if HACC adjusts my financial aid?
HACC will notify you if your financial aid award changes for any reason.
- We will notify you by emailing your HAWKMail address.
- This e-mail will tell you to check your HACCWeb account.
Check your HACCWeb account on a regular basis for this notification.